Unknown
I just had to blog about this, this is such a nifty little trick. My grandmother, Nana Farika, was just interviewed on wmbr. I couldn't get the live stream to work and wanted to be able to listen to the interview in the car. So how do you get the mp3 file from the streamed m3u file? It's so ridiculously simple!
  1. Right click on the m3u file
  2. Click Save Link as
  3. Save the file
  4. Open the file with a text editor, such as Note Pad or Word Pad or Emacs
  5. Inside the file you will see a link to the actual mp3 file
  6. Copy the link and open it in your browser (Firefox, Safari, Opera, Explorer)
  7. Now you can save the mp3 file!
It's times like this that I love being a computer scientist.
1 Response
  1. Sai Says:

    very useful steps to hear the music.
    Thanks.
    My music blog


Post a Comment