Unknown
...and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1!!




Any reader of this blog is probably surprised to see that I haven't posted my thoughts on it yet. I of course went to the midnight showing, stood in line in the freezing weather. Props to the Carmike Beverley Cinema, they handled the 3000 people very well, filling theaters before midnight as they became available. So I went, I watched, I [almost] wept, and definitely felt like weeping with happiness, as a Harry Potter movie finally accomplished what I wanted it to, be an amazing book to film adaptation of our beloved series and have actors actually portray what their characters are supposed to be. I'd like to watch it again in theaters, which I expect to do in the next week or so.

First impressions: Incredibly beautiful, the trio [especially Emma Watson as Hermione and Rupert Grint as Ron] either finally understood their characters or finally got the chance to really portray their characters. This made such a difference since the trio really carries this movie. I also thought how they handled plot holes caused by previous movies was interesting...this is something I may expand on after a second viewing. My one complaint is that while I think they chose the correct place to end the movie, I think they should have built up to it more, to really impress upon the audience how important that scene is. What did you guys think [if you've watched it]?
Labels: | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Haven't seen it yet. Doubt it's even out here yet. I will however spend actual money to see it. Might even read it one more time before... or not


  2. Unknown Says:

    I definitely recommend watching it in the theaters (I think it comes out in Jamaica on Wednesday), but don't re-read it before, you'll just be hypersensitive to the tiny changes they made. If anything I'd recommend re-watching the other movies.


  3. Unknown Says:

    Oooh. Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch at least Half Blood Prince before I see it then


  4. Unknown Says:

    That's a good idea, I'd maybe watch OotP as well if you have time, since that's also directed by David Yates.


Post a Comment