Unknown
Blueberries...a fruit that I don't care for particularly on its own, but add them to something and they're amazing. What's great about them is that you feel no guilt when using them because they're supposed to be so good for you. I've read that they can enhance memory, reduce blood sugar, and even reduce depression! I started this blueberry experiment last summer, with fresh blueberries. It involved Blueberry Zucchini Bread (because zucchini was in season too) and Blueberry Pancakes (because I never need an excuse to eat pancakes).

From Drop Box

From Drop Box
From Drop Box
I was ecstatic about my new ingredient. So the natural thing that followed was the quest for the perfect Blueberry Muffin recipe. It helped that I've had people or a person who will gladly dispose of my muffins. If you're interested, I've tried Blueberry Muffins with Yogurt, Blueberry Streusel Muffins, and a recipe entitled The Best Blueberry Muffins. The Yogurt Muffins felt very healthy...and the supposedly best blueberry muffins, were quite cakey, and I liked that they were bursting with blueberries. Below you can see a Blueberry Streusel Muffin...I think the Streusel topping was my favorite part of the recipe.

From Drop Box

Finally, last night, with a spur of a moment trial run that happened because the only dairy I had access to was buttermilk, I tried these Buttermilk Berry Muffins.

From Drop Box

This is the winning recipe. I made them as usual in my jumbo muffin tin, so I had to bake them 15 minutes longer than indicated in the recipe, I had no citrus so there was no citrus zest to add, and I probably added more blueberries than the recipe asked for (16 oz worth, the whole bag!) but they were absolutely delicious, especially with my morning coffee!

Do you have a favorite blueberry recipe? Let me know, I'll try it and report back with pictures!
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    oooweee!! that look sooo scrumptious.


  2. Unknown Says:

    It was a big win! I'll be making these again and again =)


Post a Comment